We talk about the characteristics and typical features of Autism needed for diagnosis:
1. Difficulty in emotional reciprocity
2. Difficulty with non-verbal communication
3. Difficulties in developing, maintaining and understanding relationships.
4. Stereotyped or repetitive motor movements, or repetitive and constant use of objects or speech
5. Insistence on maintaining routines, inflexible adherence to routines or ritualized patterns of verbal or non-verbal behavior
6. Differing intensity and focus on specific interests
7. Hyper or hypo-sensitivity